Willingham by Stow Surgery is committed to minimising the environmental impacts of our operational activities.
Our commitment is to:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate recognised environmental management best practice into our operational activities.
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our operational activities to meet our published objectives and targets.
- Manage waste generated from our operational activities according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling.
- Manage our operational activities to prevent pollution.
- Give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, location and use of buildings.
- Ensure environmental including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation as well as other environmental requirements to which the Practice subscribes.
To meet our commitments we will:
- Provide oversight and review of Environmental Policies and performance, and allocate resources for their effective direction and implementation.
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance at least annually.
- Communicate internally and externally our Environmental Policy and performance on a regular basis, and encourage feedback.
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues to our employees.
- Work together with our employees, service partners, suppliers and their agents to promote improved environmental performance.
- Promote appropriate consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our patients.
- Review our Environmental Policy regularly.
This statement represents our general position on environmental issues and the policies and practices we will apply in conducting our business.
The Environmental Policy is accessible via our website and practice leaflet.